The Secretary to Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market, New Delhi -110 003
Sub: Revision of Pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners - Procedural actions for revision
Ref: 1. O.M.No. 38/37/2016-P&PW (A) dated 12.05.2017 of GOI, Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances & Pension Department of Pension and Pensioners WeIfare
2. CPAO New Delhi OM No. CPAO/lT & Tech/Revision (7th CPC) /19.Vol-IlI /2016- 17/61 dated 07.07.2017
3. F.No 4/23/2017-P&PW(D) GOI, Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances & Pension Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare dated 25-07-2017
4. No. 4/23/2017-P&PW(D) GOI Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances & Pension Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare dated 07-08-2017
A kind reference is invited to the OMs cited above wherein the procedure for revision of pension/ family pension has been evolved. It has been categorically stated in the reference (1) OM that revision is to be done by the Departments from where the pensioners had retired. In order to avoid any ambiguity or confusion, as to the modalities of revision it had been emphasised and reiterated in the references 2, 3 and 4 that the revision of pension should be done suo moto by the Departments concerned without eliciting or collecting any information / details from the pensioners. In the reference 4th cited Government have directed “to sensitise the official dealing with pension cases to suo moto process the pension revision cases of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners forth with based on details available with Head of Office /PAOs without insisting submissions of any additional information or documents from them.” In spite of specific directions / orders some departments like Railways, Audit and Accounts Department, Defence Civilians etc. are calling for details regarding pay, pay scale and pension from the pensioners and family pensioners causing difficulties and embarrassment to the pensioners / family pensioners. Southern Railway has gone to the extent of publishing an Advertisement in several newspapers asking to details in a Proforma within a period of 30 days. It is really surprising how the Departments can go against the letter and spirit of the unambiguous orders of the Government of India. This Association apprehends that such procedure will result in delay /procrastination in the revision and authorization of pension /family pension. We would therefore request the Government to kindly issue strict instruction to all the Departments to comply scrupulously with the earlier orders of the Government and to expedite the process of revision of pension / family pension.
Thanking you, yours faithfully
1. The Comptroller & Auditor General of India , O/o The Comptroller & Auditor General of India, Pocket-9, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg, New Delhi-110124.
2. Financial Commissioners- (Railways), Railway Board, Ministry of Railways, Rail Bhavan, Raisina Road, New Delhi-l l O 001
3. The General Manager, Southern Railway, Chennai
4. Controller General of Defence Accounts, Ulan Batar Marg, Palam, Delhi Cantt.- 110 0105. Chief Controller (Pension), Central Pension Accounting Office, Trikoot- II, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi.